Nav Bar

EncouragementChallengesProjectsAbout

Monday, July 30, 2012

Being Positive in a Negative World

Think about the culture that we live in. Sarcasm is the norm and people aren't afraid to "tell it like it is" over their multiple social media handles. I work in Social Media. I read a lot of Tweets, Facebook posts, and trendy internet things. Often times, negativity outweighs positivity. 

The cool thing here is that now this negativity tidal wave has not left me washed up on the shore defeated and helpless, but has only encouraged me to kick up the positivity. 

Here are some reasons why I think that being positive over our social media handles is important: 
  • If you are a follower of Christ, then He calls you to be the salt and the light
  • We can direct our complaints and frustration to God instead of our social media handles. 
  • We have the opportunity to be missional everywhere!
  • You may not realize who is being affected by your social media influence

This month's focus is the Positivity. I'm going to be sharing my thoughts on those topics above and encouraging/challenging you and myself to be the positive in the midst of the negatives. 

You can get a head start by starting today! Do something nice for a stranger or a friend, encourage someone via Tweet, Facebook Post, Blog, or just choose not to participate in the negativity. I am fully confident that you can do this! 


Blessings, JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment